1. Heat oil in a non stick pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add fenugreek seeds and sauté. Add dried red chillies and curry leaves and mix.
2. Add peanuts, shallots and vattal and mix well. Sauté till the shallots are cooked. Dilute the tamarind paste with a little water.
3. Add sambhar powder, tuvar dal, asafoetida and salt to the pan and mix well. Add the diluted tamarind paste and mix.
4. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, on low heat. Mix rice flour with a ¼ cup water and add it to the pan.
5. Mix well and cook further for 2-3 minutes or till the oil separates. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.