1. Dry roast coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and redchillies in a non-stick pan till fragrant.
2. Chop onion. Heat 2 tbsps oil in another non-stick pan.
3. Place prawns in a bowl, add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garlic paste and mix well. Let them marinate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Grind together 4 tbsps coconut, ginger and roasted spices with a little water in a hand blender to a coarse paste.
5. Add mustard seeds to the oil in the other pan and when they splutter add curry leaves and onion and saute till lightly browned.
6. Add ground paste and saute for 2 minutes. Add prawns, little salt, tamarind pulp. Mix well and cook.
7. Add 1 tbsp scraped coconut, ¼ cup water and cook till prawns are done.
8. Save hot garnished with 1 tbsp scraped coconut.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : २६-३० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मसालेदार
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.