1. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a kadai, add ginger and garlic and sauté for ½ minute. Add gram flour and sauté lightly for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add red chilli powder, chilli flakes, roasted cumin powder and dried mango powder and mix.
3. Add grated pumpkin and sauté till all the moisture evaporates. Transfer the mixture in a bowl to cool.
4. Cut the bread slices into small pieces, add to the pumpkin mixture, mix and keep aside to cool completely.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a non stick pan. Add salt to the pumpkin mixture and mix. Apply gram flour to your hands. Divide the pumpkin mixture into equal portions and shape them into balls.
6. Place a prune in each portion and top it with a little cheese. Gather the edges together and seal. Roll into a ball again and press lightly to shape into a tikki.
7. Shallow fry the tikkis in hot oil, turning sides, till they turn golden brown on both sides.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.