1. To make the covering, mix maida, salt, ghee, carom seeds and sufficient water and knead into a stiff dough. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick pan. Add asafoetida, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, green chillies and saute for half a minute. Add ginger, black peppercorns and onion and sauté till light golden.
3. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, amchur, green peas, potatoes and sauté. Add salt and mix well.
4. Transfer half of the mixture into a bowl and set aside. Add 2 cups water to the remaining mixture and simmer.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.Divide the dough into equal portions and roll into balls. Roll out each ball into a puri.
6. Place a portion of the filling on one side of each puri. Fold the puri, seal the edges and shape into gujiya. Add the remaining stuffing to the mixture simmering in the pan.
7. Add coriander leaves and mix well. Deep fry the gujiyas till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Halve the gujiyas and transfer onto a serving plate. Pour the gravy over the gujiyas and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : Preparation Time
खाना पकाने के समय : Cooking Time
खाना पकाने का स्तर :
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.