1. Put the rice in a clay pot. Halve the eggplants lengthwise and then into thick slices. Put water, eggplants, star anise, dry mushrooms and salt in a deep non stick pan and cook.
2. Heat oil in a non stick wok. Cut onion into thick pieces. Cut bean curd into small cubes.
3. Add onion, ginger and garlic to the wok and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Preheat oven to 200°C. Add button mushrooms to the wok and toss. Add soya sauce and hoisin sauce and mix.
4. Add white pepper powder and mix. Remove star anise from eggplant mixture. Add ¼ cup water. Remove mushrooms and chop them.
5. Add the eggplant mixture to the mixture in the wok. Add cornflour mixture and let it thicken. Add vinegar and mix again. Add chopped mushroom and mix.
6. Pour this mixture over the rice in the clay pot. Cover and place it in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : २६-३० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.