1. Heat 2 tbsps mustard oil in a non stick kadai. Thinly slice ginger and fresh turmeric.
2. Add 1 tsp fennel seeds, green chillies, ginger and fresh turmeric to the kadai and mix. Add sesame seeds and sauté for a minute.
3. Transfer the mixture into a mixer jar. Add vinegar and grind into a paste. Cut the potatoes into cubes.Heat the remaining oil in the same kadai.
4. Add asafoetida, methi dana, remaining fennel seeds and sauté.
5. Add potatoes, mix, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.Add red chilli powder, salt and mix. Add the ground paste and mix and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add 1½ cups of water, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
7. Transfer into a serving bowl or a glass jar and serve.
तैयारी का समय : २१-२५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : २६-३० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मीठे और खट्टे
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.