1. Halve the mushrooms and spring onions. To make the sauce, pour the sake into a small non stick pan; add the soy sauce and sugar and bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Add the salt and pepper powder and mix. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat until the sauce reduces to one-third. Cool.
3. Take a satay stick and thread onto it a piece of red capsicum, one chicken cube, a spring onion half, half a button mushroom, a shiitake mushroom, one more chicken cube and finally a piece of red capsicum.
4. Leave a little space between each ingredient to allow even cooking. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and black pepper powder on the satay sticks and prepare the remaining satay sticks in the same way.
5. Heat the oil on a non-stick tawa. Place three satay sticks at a time on it and cook, turning and brushing with the sauce occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through. Serve the yakitori sprinkled with remaining sauce.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : २६-३० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.