1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
2. Heat coconut milk in a deep non-stick pan and bring it to a boil. Add 3 star anise, ½ cup brown sugar, stir to mix and cook till the sugar melts.
3. Break eggs in a bowl and beat with an electric beater till smooth.
4. Add chocolate powder, coffee powder, baking powder and tapioca starch and beat again till well blended.
5. Discard star anise from coconut milk mixture and add the mixture to beaten eggs. Beat again till well blended.
6. Pour the mixture into a silicon cake mould filling three-fourth and put it in the preheated oven. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and let it rest for ½ hour. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or till the flan is completely set.
8. Heat sugar syrup in a deep non-stick pan. Add little water, remaining brown sugar and remaining star anise. Stir to mix and cook till thick.
9. Cut the flan into cubes and put them on a serving dish. Drizzle the syrup on top and serve immediately.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ३.३०-४ घंटा
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मीठा
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.