1. To make the stuffing, heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin, coriander and sesame seeds along with red chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add poppy seeds, garlic, onion and sauté till lightly browned. Meanwhile remove the stalk of the brinjals and make 2 slits in the shape of a cross mark, stopping just about halfway through.
3. Take the pan off the heat and add the desiccated coconut and mix. Put the pan back on heat and sauté for 1 minute. Switch off the heat, add tamarind pulp, curry leaves and salt and mix well.
4. Let it cool slightly, then grind with a little water to a smooth paste. Stuff this mixture into the slits of the brinjals. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan and rotate the pan so that the oil coats the entire pan.
5. Place the stuffed brinjals in the pan and cook on high heat for a minute so that the brinjal skin gets crisp. Add a little water, cover and cook till the brinjals are completely cooked. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ३१-४० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : १६-२० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मसालेदार
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.