1. Place lemons in a large bowl and sprinkle salt over it. Cover and leave it for one day. On the following day, toss the lemons in the juice.
2. Take four quarters of salted lemons and squeeze out the juice into a small pan. Add sugar, three tablespoons water, red chilli powder, ginger and star anise. Bring to a boil, and cook on low heat, stirring continuously, till the sugar dissolves completely.
3. Pound together roasted mustard seeds, roasted fenugreek seeds and the green chillies. Add to the above mixture. Cook for one minute. Set aside and allow it to cool. Place the lemons in a sterilized glass jar.
4. Pour over the sugar-chillies mix. Make sure that it covers the lemons completely. Otherwise press down the lemons so that they are soaked completely. Close jar and set aside for fifteen to twenty days.
5. The pickle is now ready to be served.
तैयारी का समय : १-२दिन
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मसालेदार
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.