1. Cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes. Make small slits in the chicken pieces.
2. To make the marinade mix hoisin sauce, sugar, salt and pepper powder in a bowl. Put the chicken pieces, mix and set aside to marinate for 2 hours.
3. Heat 2 tbsps oil in one non stick pan and 1 tbsp oil in another non stick pan. Add sweet potatoes to one pan and sauté till crisp. Chop jalapeno.
4. Put the chicken pieces, skin side down, on the other pan, drizzle some of the extra marinade over and cook.
5. Chop fresh red chilli. Add jalapeno and red chilli to sweet potatoes. Add salt and squeeze the juice of ¼ lemon and mix.
6. Add a little water to the chicken, cover and cook. When the underside is done, turn them over, drizzle some more of the remaining marinade, a little water and cover. Cook till chicken is completely cooked.
7. Arrange the sweet potatoes in the centre of a serving plate, keep the chicken pieces on them, drizzle the sauce left in the pan over and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ३-३.३० घंटा
खाना पकाने के समय : १६-२० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.