1. Preheat oven at 180°C. Place a silicon sheet on a baking tray.
2. Combine refined flour, 1 tsp salt and olive oil in a bowl. Add sufficient water and knead into a semi-soft dough. Set aside.
3. Clean, wash and finely chop spinach leaves.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Crush garlic cloves, add and sauté for a while.
5. Add onion and salt, mix and sauté till onion is lightly browned.
6. Add pepper powder, cardamom powder, mix well and sauté well. Add spinach, toss and cook.
7. Add raisins and walnuts, mix well and cook till the spinach wilts and is fully cooked.
8. Add lemon juice and mix well and cook for a minute.
9. Transfer the cooked spinach mixture on a plate and cool to room temperature. Squeeze the excess moisture from the spinach.
10. Dust the dough with little flour and roll out into a large thin sheet. Cut 8 round discs using a medium size cookie cutter.
11. Apply little oil on the edges of discs. Place a spoonful of spinach mixture in the centre, bring in the edges, pinch and make into parcels sealing the edges.
12. Place the parcels on the baking tray, brush with little oil and put in the preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
13. Remove from heat and place the pies on a serving dish. Garnish with a coriander sprigs and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ३१-४० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.