1. Preheat oven at 180°C. Line a 7-inch round cake tin by greasing with little butter and dusting with little refined flour.
2. Beat eggs and castor sugar in a bowl till fluffy.
3. Add vanilla essence and food colour and beat again.
4. Add refined flour and fold lightly till well blended. Add orange rind and mix well.
5. Pour batter in lined cake tin and put in the preheated oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
6. To make icing, combine cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk well till well blended.
7. Remove cake from oven and demould. Discard the top rough layer and even it out. Slice diagonally from between. Spread icing evenly on the base. Cover with upper layer and spread icing evenly on this layer as well.
8. Cut into wedges and serve.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ३१-४० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मीठा
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.