1. Boil the rice in three cups of water with the star anise until just cooked. Drain well, transfer to a clay pot and keep warm.
2. Soak the oyster mushrooms in hot water for fifteen minutes, drain and chop roughly. Mix the cornflour and half a cup of water. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF. Heat the oil in a wok; add the spring onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for half a minute. Add the oyster mushrooms, soy sauce, button mushrooms, vegetable stock, salt white pepper powder, MSG and mix well and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Add the cornflour mixture to the mushrooms. Cook for a minute or until the sauce thickens, stirring continuously. Pour the sauce over the rice, add the spring onions, cover with a lid and cook in the preheated oven for twelve to fifteen minutes.
5. Uncover the pot, stir the contents well, garnish with the spring onion greens and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ४१-५० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.