1. Preheat oven at 180°C. Line a 7-inch round cake tin by greasing with little butter and dusting with little flour.
2. Cream together butter and castor sugar in a bowl till light.
3. Add vanilla essence and whisk well. Add almond paste and whisk till smooth.
4. Add eggs and whisk again till well blended.
5. Add orange rind and lemon rind and whisk again till well blended.
6. Add refined flour and fold lightly till well mixed. Add baking powder and mix well.
7. Pour the batter in the lined cake tin and put it in the preheated oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
8. To make fondant, combine egg whites, lemon juice and icing sugar in a bowl and mix well. Beat with an electric beater till well blended.
9. Peel the orange and cut into slices.
10. Remove cake from oven and demould. Cool to room temperature.
11. Spread fondant on the cake and garnish with orange slices. Serve.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : २६-३० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मीठा
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.