1. Add salt and carom seeds to wheat flour and knead into a stiff dough with enough water.
2. Divide into 8 equal portions and shape into pedas. Dust with a little dry flour and roll out into chapattis.
3. Spread a little ghee on a chapatti and fold into half, spread a little ghee again and fold into half again to form a triangle. On another chapatti, spread a little ghee and make a threefold, and once again make a threefold to form a square. On yet another chapatti, spread a little ghee, make a slit on one side upto the centre of the chapatti and then keep rolling till you reach the other end to make a cylinder. Coil it up to make a round.
4. Roll out each into a triangular, a square and a round parantha respectively. Similarly make more paranthas of the shape you want.
5. Heat a non stick tawa, place a parantha on it, drizzle a little ghee all around and cook, turning sides, till both sides are lightly browned. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.