1. Place chicken in a bowl. Add green chilli, ginger and garlic pastes along with salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. For the masala paste, heat 2 tsps oil in a non-stick pan. Add fennel and coriander seeds, peppercorns and cinnamon and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add star anise, green cardamoms, red chillies and sauté till fragrant. Add curry leaves and onions and continue to sauté till golden. Set aside.
3. Once it has cooled, grind the mixture with a little water to a smooth paste. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add the ground paste and sauté till fragrant. Add the marinated chicken and mix well. Cook on high heat to seer the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
4. Mix 1 tbsp coconut milk powder in 1½ cups water and add to the pan. When it comes to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Mix the remaining coconut milk powder with 1 cup water.
5. Take the pan off the heat, add this coconut milk and mix well. Put the pan back on heat and once it comes to a boil, cover and cook till done. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
6. Add red chillies, curry leaves and add the tempering to the chicken and cover immediately to trap the flavours. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ४१-५० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ३१-४० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.