1. Trim the ends of drumsticks and cut into finger size sticks. Scrape with the back of a knife. Boil in 5-6 cups salted water. Cover.
2. Heat a non-stick pan and add oil. Dry roast cloves, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, dried red chillies and coconut.
3. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and half of the onions to oil in pan.
4. Let these cook.Grind roasted coconut mixture along with ginger, garlic and remaining onions into a fine paste. Add ¼ cup water and grind again.
5. Add drumsticks to onions in pan along with its cooking liquor.
6. Add ground paste and mix. Add kokum, cook on medium heat.Add salt. Mix again and cook till soft. Serve hot with steamed rice.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.