1. Finely chop ginger and green chillies.
2. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a non stick pan, add ginger and green chillies and sauté for a minute. Add caraway seeds and sauté. Add lobia and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add white pepper powder, salt and turn off the heat.
3. Trim the sides of the bread slices and then cut into small cubes. Soak them in water, squeeze and discard and keep them in a bowl. Add lobia and mix well. Add garam masala powder, mint leaves and mix well.
4. Heat remaining ghee in a pan, add cashewnuts, chironji and sauté. Drain, cool and chop. Add it to the lobia mixture and mix well.Heat sufficient ghee in a non stick pan.
5. Apply ghee on your palms, divide lobia mixture into equal portions, shape them into tikkis, place them in the pan, a few at a time, and shallow fry on both the sides till golden brown.
6. Separate the onion rings and soak them in chilled water.
7. Transfer the tikkis onto a serving plate, garnish with onion rings and lemon slices and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.