1. Peel kand and wash thoroughly under running water. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Slice the kand thinly and place them in a bowl.
2. Add cumin seeds, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, salt and lemon juice and mix well so that the masala coats all the kand slices well.
3. For the batter mix gram flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, asafoetida, turmeric powder, salt, 2 tsps hot oil and mix well.
4. Add sufficient water and whisk into a smooth batter. Dip the kand slices in the batter, one by one, and slide into hot oil.
5. Deep fry till golden and crisp. Drain on tissue paper and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : २६-३० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.