1. reheat oven at 190°C. Place a silicon sheet on a baking tray.
2. Dissolve yeast and sugar in ½ cup lukewarm water and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Combine butter and egg in another bowl and mix well. Add refined flour, little water and dissolved yeast mixture. Mix well and knead into a soft dough. Rest for 15 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion into a long cylinder keeping the centre thick and ends thin, like a spindle. Bring the two ends together and tie a knot to give a shape of pretzel. Rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Boil 4-5 cups water in a deep non-stick pan. Add soda bicarbonate and boil.
6. Add pretzels and soak for 10 seconds. Remove and sprinkle rock salt on top of pretzels.
7. Place pretzels on the baking tray and put it in the preheated oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ३१-४० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मीठा
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.