1. Mix refined flour and cornmeal in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
2. Mix yeast with 2 tbsp water, stirring till it dissolves. Add sugar and salt and mix. Pour it into the well in the flour mixture. Mix well, add sufficient water and knead. Add 2½ tsps olive oil and knead to a soft dough.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside to double in volume.Knock back the dough, cover and set aside to rise again.Grease non stick pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Dust table top with a little dry flour, take half the dough and roll into a ball.
4. Further pat it with fingers to a round slightly bigger than the circumference of the pan so that it can rise up the sides of the pan. Put it in the pan and prick with a fork.
Keep the pan over medium heat and cook it blind for 2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle cheese all over it, tear a few basil leaves and sprinkle over the cheese. Spread the sauce over. Tear a few basil leaves and spread over the sauce and cook, covered, on medium heat till the underside is golden. Make another pizza similarly. Cut into wedges and serve.
तैयारी का समय : ३१-४० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.