1. Heat 3 tbsps oil in a non stick pan. Add cloves, bay leaves, green cardamom and sauté till fragrant.
2. Grease a knife with a little oil and chop the arbi into small pieces. Add arbi to the kadai, mix well. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
3. Put poppy seeds into a mixer jar and grind. Add boiled onion puree and yogurt and grind to a paste. Heat the remaining oil in another non stick kadai.
4. Add carom seeds, asafoetida, garlic paste, ginger paste, ground mixture and mix well. Saute till the moisture dries up.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, amchur, coriander powder and garam masala powder and cook for 6-8 minutes.
6. Add salt and 3-4 cups of water and mix well. Add this gravy to the arbis and cook for 4-5 minutes. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : १६-२० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मसालेदार
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.