1. Clean crabs and wash thoroughly.
2. Detach and crack the claws. Cut each crab into two pieces. Soak tamarind in one cup of warm water for half an hour, remove the pulp, strain and keep aside.
3. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry onion, ginger, garlic and coconut and till light golden brown. Remove from heat and cool. Add a little water and grind in to a thick paste.
4. Heat remaining oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when they start to crackle add curry leaves.
5. Immediately add masala paste and cook on medium heat for half a minute, stirring continuously. Add turmeric powder, malvani masala, red chilli powder, tamarind pulp and salt.
6. Stir well and add one cup of water. Bring it to a boil and add crab pieces and claws.
7. Cook further on medium heat for ten to fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally or till the gravy becomes a little thick.
8. Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
तैयारी का समय : ३१-४० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ३१-४० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.