1. Make incisions on chicken drumsticks and put them in a bowl. Add 2 tbsps olive oil, black pepper powder, salt, paprika powder, red chilli flakes and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat 1½ tbsps olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and onion and sauté till onion is half done.
3. Heat remaining olive oil in a non-stick grill pan. Place marinated chicken drumsticks on it and grill till evenly browned from all sides.
4. Add tomato sauce to onions. Mix well and add torn basil leaves and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add grilled drumsticks, ½ cup water and mix well. Cook till chicken is ¾ done.
6. Transfer the chicken with the sauce in a non-stick grill pan and place the pan in an oven. Roast at 180°C for 18-20 minutes.
7. Remove the dish from oven, garnish with few basil leaves and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : २६-३० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मसालेदार
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.