1. Preheat an oven to 200ºC/400ºF. Heat two tablespoons of butter in a non stick pan. You can also use a combination of butter and olive oil.
2. Add the flour and sauté lightly, making sure that it does not change colour. Gradually add some milk, stirring continuously, so that no lumps are formed.
3. Add salt and white pepper powder and mix well. Add half the grated cheese and continue to stir. After adding the cheese, the sauce will thicken further, so add more milk to adjust the consistency.
4. Add the macaroni and toss to mix. Transfer the mixture into a seven-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top and dot with the remaining butter. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and crushed peppercorns.
5. Bake till the cheese melts and turns golden. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ६-१० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर :
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.