1. Knead whole wheat flour with salt and enough water into a dough. Cover with a damp cloth and rest for 15 minutes.
2. Mix onion, salt, red chilli powder, green chillies in a bowl. Add rice and mix well. Divide dough into equal portions. Spread each portion into a small puri with the edges thinner than the centre.
3. Place some rice mixture in the centre, gather the edges and seal. Rest for a while.
4. Heat a non stick tawa. Roll out each stuffed ball into paranthas. Place a parantha on the hot tawa and roast for 1-2 minutes. Turnover, apply a little ghee and turnover again.
5. Apply a little ghee on the other side too and cook on medium heat, turning sides, till both sides are equally golden. Serve hot with dahi or achaar.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ६-१० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.