1. Drain the lobia and boil in 2 cups of water until just cooked.
2. Roughly chop onion, garlic, red capsicum (pepper), green capsicum (pepper) and put in a chopper jar and chop.
3. Heat oil in a deep non stick pan, add the chopped ingredients and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add green peas and black eyed beans and mix.
5. Chop tomato and add along with salt, red chilli powder, chilli sauce, lemon zest and rice and mix. Sprinkle a little water, cover and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
6. Chop parsley. Tear lettuce leaves and line a serving bowl. Put the rice on them, sprinkle parsley and serve. You can even serve this at room temperature. Keep aside along with the cooking liquor.
7. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small non stick pan, add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and red chillies. Sauté for 2 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly, till fragrant. Let cool and grind with ginger and garlic, using a little water, to a smooth paste.
8. Heat the remaining oil in a non stick kadai. Add cinnamon and when it begins to sizzle, add onions. Sauté until lightly browned.
9. Add tomato, ground paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Cover and let it cook in its own juices for 5-7 minutes.
10. Add lobia with water. Cover and cook till lobia is tender and gravy almost dry. Add rice and mix gently and cook till the rice gets heated through. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ३.३०-४ घंटा
खाना पकाने के समय : २६-३० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.