1. Remove eyes of the tomatoes and blanch in salted boiling water for half a minute. Drain and peel skin.
2. Cut from the top, scoop out the seeds to make cups and set aside.
3. To make the stuffing, heat the butter in a non stick pan and sauté mushrooms sprinkled with a little salt until all moisture dries up. Transfer into a bowl and cool. Roast peanuts, cool and grind into a fine paste using a little water.
4. Heat the oil in another non stick pan. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, caraway seeds, curry leaves and onions and sauté. Add garlic paste and ginger paste and mix. Add quarter cup of water and mix. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander power and cumin powder and sauté for half a minute. Add half a cup of water and simmer for two to three minutes. Add roasted peanut paste and mix. Add salt and tamarind pulp and mix.
5. Cover and simmer for five minutes. Stuff the tomato cases with the stuffing mixture and pack them well. Add coriander leaves to the gravy and mix.
6. Place the stuffed tomatoes in the gravy upright and cook covered for four to five minutes.
7. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : २६-३० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.