1. Mix gram flour, carom seeds, ½ tsp red chilli powder, turmeric powder, baking soda, a pinch of asafoetida, salt in a bowl, add water as required and whisk to a smooth and thick batter.
2. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick pan. Drop small spoonfuls of batter and spread into small cheelas. Shallow-fry till golden on both the sides.
3. Mix yogurt, the remaining red chilli powder, sugar and salt in another bowl. Add the cheelas to the yogurt and mix well. Heat the remaining oil in another non stick pan.
4. Add cumin seeds, remaining asafoetida and sauté. Finely chop the green chillies and add. Pour this tempering over the yogurt and mix.
5. Transfer the cheela raita into a serving bowl, garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve chilled.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : १६-२० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.