1. Soak the bread slices in one cup of water for a little while. Take them out and squeeze to remove excess water. Drain and grind the rice with ¼ cup of water to a smooth paste.
2. Transfer into a deep bowl. Grind the cooked rice, coconut and bread with ? cup water to a fine paste. Add this to the rice paste in the bowl and stir well. Cover the bowl and leave it in a warm place to ferment overnight.
3. Heat an appam chetti (appam kadai). Wipe it with lightly oiled cloth. Add little water to the batter to make it of pouring consistency. Add salt and mix. Sprinkle some water on the appam chetti.
4. Pour a ladle of batter in it and rotate to spread it all around. Ensure that edges are thin and excess batter collects at centre.
5. Cover the chetti and cook till the edges become crisp and red while the centre remains soft. Drizzle some oil around the edges and gently take out the appam. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : १.३०-२ घंटा
खाना पकाने के समय : ११-१५ मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.