1. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a small non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, split Bengal gram and sauté.
2. Add dried red chillies, asafoetida and mix well. Cool and coarsely grind to a paste with a little water.
3. Heat 4 tbsps oil in another non stick kadai. Add curry leaves and shallots and sauté till golden brown.
4. Cut the brinjals into long slices and add. Add tamarind paste and mix well. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
5. Add approximately ½ cup water and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat till brinjals become soft.
6. Add the ground masala and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : १६-२० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मसालेदार
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.