1. Boil the rice in three cups of water with the star anise until just cooked. Drain well, transfer to a clay pot and keep warm.
2. Soak the oyster mushrooms in hot water for fifteen minutes, drain and chop roughly. Mix the cornflour and half a cup of water. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF. Heat the oil in a wok; add the spring onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for half a minute. Add the oyster mushrooms, soy sauce, button mushrooms, vegetable stock, salt white pepper powder, MSG and mix well and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Add the cornflour mixture to the mushrooms. Cook for a minute or until the sauce thickens, stirring continuously. Pour the sauce over the rice, add the spring onions, cover with a lid and cook in the preheated oven for twelve to fifteen minutes.
5. Uncover the pot, stir the contents well, garnish with the spring onion greens and serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : ४१-५० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम