1. Drain and place chana dal in a pressure cooker. Remove the eyes of tomatoes, cut into pieces and put in the cooker. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, green chillies, 3-4 cups of water and salt.
2. Halve and core the bottle gourd and cut into small pieces. Put them in the cooker, put the lid on and cook under pressure upto 4-5 whistles. Finely chop ginger.
3. Heat ghee in a non-stick kadai. Add dried red chillies and sauté. When the chillies are lightly cooked, add asafoetida, garlic, ginger and sauté. When the garlic turns lightly brown, add cumin seeds and sauté.
4. Add tamarind paste and a little water and mix. Break the wadiyaan and add to the kadai. Open the lid of the pressure cooker when the pressure reduces completely and whisk the dal. Add it into the kadai and mix.
5. Add water to get the required consistency and cook till it comes to boil. Serve hot.
तैयारी का समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : १६-२० मिनट
सर्विंग्स : ४
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : मसालेदार
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.