1. Apply 1 tsp oil on one brinjal and roast it on direct heat. Refresh in cold water and peel. Cut the other brinjal into thin slices and dip them into water with a pinch of turmeric powder.
2. To prepare a marinade, mix together ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, remaining turmeric powder, lemon juice, 2 tbsps oil. Spread this marinade on all the brinjal slices.
3. Remove the stem of the roasted brinjal, peel and finely chop the flesh and put into a bowl.Add onion, green chillies, dill leaves, crushed peanuts, 1 tbsp oil, salt and mix well.
4. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick pan. Add the marinated brinjal slices, cover the pan and grill, flipping sides, till evenly golden.
5. Transfer yogurt into a bowl. Add garlic, salt and mix well.Heat 2 tsps oil in a non stick pan. Add asafoetida, cumin seeds and sauté till fragrant.
6. Add this tempering to the yogurt and mix. Spread the bharta on the grilled brinjal slices. Roll the slices and transfer onto a serving plate.
7. Spread the yogurt over the slices. Garnish with dill leaves and serve.
तैयारी का समय : ११-१५ मिनट
खाना पकाने के समय : १६-२० मिनट
खाना पकाने का स्तर : मध्यम
स्वाद : नरम
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.